An active member of the community
- Board Treasurer, Camelot Condominiums Association.
- Member and past Secretary, Lakeshore Rotary Club.
- Member and past Commodore, Treasurer, and Director, St. Joseph River Yacht Club.
- Past Board Treasurer, Secretary, & Director, United Federal Credit Union.
- Past President, Lakeshore Rotary Foundation.
- Past Trustee and Investment Committee Chair, Berrien Community Foundation.
- Graduate of St. Joseph High School.
- Resident of Hagar Township, St. Joseph Township, Shoreham Village, Lincoln Township and St. Joseph City over the course of many years.
An experienced real estate professional
- Founder of Pier Realty.
- Over 20 years of active real estate sales experience.
- Graduate, Realtor Institute.
- Accredited Buyer Representative.
- Council of Residential Specialists.
- e-PRO and Prudential Relocation Certifications.
- Member of Multiple Listing System.
- Recipient of Silver, Gold, and Platinum Awards for sales volume.
- Managed personal portfolio of residential, commercial, and industrial real estate over many years.
- Completed transactions on lots, single family homes, condos, apartment buildings, office buildings, and industrial buildings.
- Coordinated 1031 (tax deferred) exchanges for self and others.
- Developed a small subdivision in Lincoln Township.
- Managed a very successful redevelopment of a multi-tenant office building.
Education and other valuable experiences
- Earned BA, Economics from Michigan State University.
- Earned MA, Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Served in several IT management positions at Whirlpool Corporation, Benton Harbor, MI.
- Worked in computer management at Pacific Tel & Tel in San Francisco.
- Performed systems analysis and programming while serving in the U.S. Army, Washington D.C.
- Taught programming for Management Research Associates, Arlington, VA.